Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Let Me Explain Myself...

By Nithin Coca

Well, it is currently October 19th, 2005. I am sitting in front of a desk, in a cubicle, my only light source from the sutpidifying white glare of flourescent lights. Typical, for American office workers, I'm slacking off during work and working on my website.

Oh the things once does for money.

It's really not that bad. I work for a Progressive non profit, Peace Action, doing Communication work. The job is fun, my co-workers chill, and I get to hang with cool liberals, like Cindy Sheehan (for five minutes once), Ralph Nader (in passing), and Members of Congress (who treat me like a intern).

So why am I here? Because the thought of wasting 6 months of my life in Kansas just waiting for the World Trip sounded like a drag. I have ambitious goals and can't sit around, so I packed my bags and moved out east. So until mid March, I will be chilling in Washington DC, making some money, working, and enjoying another sector of life and of the world before I pack my backpack for Italy on March 25th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home