Thursday, February 09, 2006

Another member of Phase 6

Almost everything seems to be in order as far as pre-departure arrangements are concerned. Today I purchased my backpack - it is the Eagle Creek Ultimate Explorer, a discontinued model which was replaced by a pack with the same design, but lighter weight fabric. However, since it was on clearance I saved almost $100 off what the new model costs.

I also purchased the video camera I plan on using during the trip (Panasonic PV-GS400). Ironically, I decided to purchase this camera now, because the model was being discontinued and replaced by the GS500, which is cheaper, and looses many of the features which drew me to the 400 in the first place. I have finally picked out all of the equipment I need to shoot my documentary, more on that in the documentary section. So with my two new, antiquated, pieces of equipment for the trip I am more excited that ever in the planning process. In fact, I started a day count-down (71 days to go for Aaron and I). So, almost all the predeparture costs have been paid - hostels are booked (the ones we are booking here) and I have almost everything I plan on bringing with me. It just comes down to the long 2+ month before I go...

Ryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home