Monday, March 20, 2006

4 Days

By Nithin Coca

Sitting here in the rain/snow/cold, the reality is starting to sink in. I'm leaving in four days for a trip around the world.

Last night, we conducted the first day of filming for our future documentary. Pre-Interviews, about our predictions for the trip. We thought that it would be really interesting to see how our predictions correlalate with what actually happens during the trip. But we also added a twist - we had a mutual friend, Todd (Ryan) Rochford, conduct the interviews in private. And then we sealed them.

So we will not know what each other predicted until after we come back. This allowed everything (except drunk Mike) to be honest because we knew no one would see these for a year, and that Todd would be true (or just forget everything). I can't tell you my predictions, i'm actually also writing extensive pre-trip predictions for my possible book project.

My backpack is packed, I have almost everything I need for the trip, minus a jacket and dehydration salts. I've booked some hostels for my 3 weeks solo voyage. My brother is making us reservations to get into the best places in Italy. Everything is set, and in three days, I will stop posting here on the pre-trip portion and move onto Portion #1, where I will dominate the posts until Ryan and Aaron come over in April. Also, from looking at the lack of posts from my fellow travelers, this section will become desolate.

So come on over to Portion 1, as the real journal's finally begin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home